Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Conundrum...

Here I am, standing at the crossroads yet again, being asked if I would contemplate another strange relationship. I choose to take a step back from myself to see things more clearly because I feel like I am being torn in several different directions.

My Head says "Maybe...". My Heart says "Yes, that might be nice...". My Head says to my Heart "Do you really want to be mashed with a fork, chewed up, spat out and run over by a bus AGAIN???". My Heart replies "Do you really think that could happen to me?" and my Head replies "Gee, you are a sucker for punishment! Remember it's me that has to pick up the pieces!". My Heart sighs and says "I know, but it's nice to dream once in a while...". My Head says "I am the practical one and I don't think you could manage such a relationship, especially when you are so vulnerable. Think of the possible repercussions. Is it worth losing this place of contentment to chase the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?". My Heart replies "I really don't know, I can only make judgements based on feelings. What do you think?". "Well, I am good at rationalising everything, it's the Spirit that works with intuition. So Spirit, what are your feelings about this?". My Spirit replies "It makes me feel quite ill-at-ease, unless we are all working in unison I have a feeling it will end in regrets. I just cannot make a decision or let that happen unless we are all in agreement. I don't think we have any other option than to let time take it's course. Hopefully the right path will be revealed to us in time and we can go from there...".

My Head and Heart say in unison "Spirit, you are so wise. Why don't we listen to you all the time?" My Spirit replies "Well, subconsciously you already do, but sometimes we have to look at the situation for what it really is and not make quick judgements, especially where matters of the Heart are concerned." and they, my Mind, Heart and Spirit, let out a collective sigh.

Finally I can see things more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment